Men's Club Weekday SOP ...
Greg Odom, as the Weekday Play Chairman in the spring of 2002, originated this SOP to standardize the weekly activities of the Men's Club. This SOP was first posted on 5 Aug 2002. CLICK HERE
to go see a sample Weekday Scorecard.
Updated June 2007
The Weekday Play Chairman is responsible for the daily operation of Sea 'N Air Men's Club play on Monday (Tuesday when Monday is a holiday} and Wednesday. Monday and Wednesday format is individual game play. The weekday play chairman will assign two teams a month to perform check-in and payout duties for Monday and Wednesday play.
TEAMS ARE SELECTED FROM MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY STARTER SHEETS. NORMALLY TEAMS SHOULD EXPECT TO PERFORM THIS DUTY ONE MONTH A YEAR UNLESS THE NUMBER OF TEAMS DROP BELOW 24.
Groups having two assigned tee times a week may be assigned more duties in the course of a year than those groups having only one tee time per week A list of personnel assigned these duties shall be posted in the lower head passageway. If objections to these assignments are not made within sixty days after posting, acceptance will be assumed and, with the exception of illness, assignees shall arrange their own replacements for planned absences.
The penalty for teams failing to perform their assigned duties will be voiding their assigned tee time and not being able to participate in weekday play. The team may play after the regular field has teed off, if times are still available. Their play will not be counted as weekday play for tournaments requiring so many weekday plays or monthly tournaments to participate. This penalty will remain in force for the team until that team performs the assigned task of check in and payout duties.
DETAILED DUTIES FOR ASSIGNED MEMBERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Assigned personnel should man the desk no later than 0645. Select a game to be played and remain until all players have checked in, (or no earlier than 0800). Place tournament sign-up sheet, daily game sheet and hole-in-one sheet on the table for players to see and sign up for. The hole-in-one sheet is kept in the rear of the payout box. No one has the privilege of going ahead of another team unless that team is not ready to tee off.
2. Have the payout box ready to check and see if a member checking in has any money coming to him. Pay, date, and initial their envelope as paid and place the envelope in the rear of the file. Make sure you have one of the board members leave the door unlocked to place the moneybox back in the office. If no one is available with a key for getting the moneybox or putting it away, go to the Pro Shop and ask for the key.
3. Collect an entry fee of $3.00 from anyone wanting to participate in the payoff pool. Do not make change for anything over $5.00. Collect the fee and mark paid by the member's name on the starter sheet. Place the completed starter sheet in the Week Day Chairman's In-Box.
4. Remind personnel not to post scores when temporary greens are in use.
5. After all players have checked in, place the daily entry fees in the pay-box and place in the office in the weekday play chairman's drawer as you enter the door on the left. Place the tournament sign-up sheet on the counter. MAKE SURE THE LIGHT IS OUT AND THE DOOR IS LOCKED WHEN LEAVING.
6. After play is completed, players will enter names and scores for the round on a prepared sheet in accordance with designated "FLIGHTS".
7. The weekday assigned personnel will check all scorecards for proper entries and signatures and select the day's winners. Winners only scorecards should be verified and check-marked for correct gross, net, adjusted, and game scores. CLICK HERE to go see a sample Weekday Scorecard.
8. Payout is normally for half the field in each flight, eight dollars for first place and break it down with last place receiving $2.00. The amount for each place will be in accordance with the size of the fields. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE FIRST, SECOND OR THIRD PLACE, etc., IF YOU HAVE A TIE, CARD THE TIE OFF HOLE BY HOLE UNTIL YOU HAVE A WINNER, STARTING WITH THE FIRST HOLE, USING THE NET SCORES.
9. DISQUALIFICATION IS ASSESSED FOR ONLY TWO DISCREPANCIES:
a. The scorecard is not signed and/or not attested.
b. The adjusted and/or game score is incorrect. (Prize winners only)
IF ANY MEMBER OF THE INCORRECT SCORE CARD IS STILL PRESENT, THE CARD MAY BE CHANGED IF HE CAN FIND THE ERROR TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION.
10. After participating pool winners are verified, payout to the day's winners will be placed in the individuals envelope and placed in the front of the file i.e., a, b, c, etc. If winning members are still present, payout may be made to them directly and will be indicated on his envelope and placed in the rear of the appropriate file.
11. Upon completion of payouts, the payout box is to be returned to the weekday chairman's file drawer. Place score cards in the handicap chairman's inbox, completed starter sheet in the weekday chairman's in box and completed payout sheet on the bulletin board. DO NOT PLACE THE ABOVE IN THE REAR OF THE PAY OUT BOX!
ALWAYS LOCK THE DOOR BEHIND YOU WHEN THE MONEY BOX IS IN THE OFFICE. DO NOT RELY ON THE DOOR CLOSING BY ITSELF, PULL ON IT TO MAKE SURE IT'S LOCKED.
A COPY OF THIS SOP WILL BE ON THE MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY PAY OUT BOARD.
The following is an addendum to the SOP to establish flights for weekday play. First flight is handicaps 0 – 16. Second flight is handicaps 17 – 26. Third flight is handicaps 27+ and then red tee flights (if applicable), any handicaps. Flights do not have to be even. Do not change the flights unless you have contact with the Weekday Chairman.
The following is an addendum to the SOP to establish the maximum handicap utilized in weekday play. Thirty-six (36) is the maximum handicap which can be used to determine winners of weekday play competitions.